Saturday, December 17, 2005

Feelin' the Holiday Spirit

Last night I, along with dozens of helpful parents, successfully hosted my daughter's school's Pizza w/Santa night, where my brother in law turns on the charm for tons of children as Santa each year (Ian helped keep Santa's quarters secure-at one point, I thought he was violating Santa behind the stage!) More than 300 people turned out, and the lines to see Santa were endless! One little girl asked him for her two front teeth! I was a nervous wreck before, but it all turned out fantastic. We also collected a bunch of toys for Safe Space, an organization that works with families in crisis, to help spread a little cheer for those less fortunate, that will be delivered next week.

Tonight we bought our fragrant tree and decorated it while crankin' the holiday tunes, and I'm feeling pretty good about life. I haven't gotten all my holiday stuff done yet, but you know, I'll find the time. My daughter wanted to watch Frosty the Snowman, but call me a mush, I can never handle it when he melts. I think we'll do a late night viewing of Groundhog Day instead. I never tire of watching that movie, ever.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I remember when tha move came out on video my entire family watching it over and over. When they took my neice to the mall she was more excited to see Hello Kitty than Santa. She ran up and hugged her and said "Kitty!"

Linda said...

ha ha, that's hilarious!
We still have to do dinner with you and Chris. BTW, what is your new address?

Roe said...

That sounds like it was awesome!

I'm with you - I can't deal with the melting scene. I'm a sap.

Stacey said...

I love Groundhog Day, it's one of those movies that I have to watch if I see it on.

Oh, and don't think I missed that Ian was violating santa comment... ha ha ha...