Wednesday, December 07, 2005

S--- Before You Shop

I mistakenly thought it would be a good idea to try to do a little shopping on Wednesday, and actually hit the ---yikes---mall. At first, I thought it wasn't so bad, until I thought I'd make a pit stop at the bathroom, where the line was from here to heaven. An old fart hitting the guy's room said, "It's a good day to be a man," to chuckles. And when he came out, and saw the ever growing queue for the women's room, shook his head and sighed.

I could in no way shape or form enjoy shopping at the mall...everyone was like a bunch of vultures. I think for the most part I will be shopping online for the rest of what I need...and most definitely avoiding-the mall.

5 comments:

Roe said...

Yeah... not so much a fan of the malls around the holidays. Frickin' amateurs.

I hate when guys make smarmy comments like that, just wants me to punch 'em in the jewels and say, "Good day to be a woman."

Stacey said...

I'm terrible, I still love the mall at the holidays... I like to touch the things I'm shopping for... but then I go buy online. It's more like research or scouting.

You just proved it!! Men really are pigs!

Linda said...

I agree about wanting to touch what I get, has always been my beef about buying music online vs. going to the big store, although I'm now quite fond of iTunes and Acquisition!

I'll avoid getting stuff like clothes online, too sticky with size issues, but specific stuff I think can be doable, as long as I make sure I'm around when things arrive.

Oh cmon, the guy was like 80 years old! And I'll admit that on several occasions in my life I've hit the guy's room to take care of business, if I knew it was a single!

Roe said...

I have no problem hitting a men's room in a pinch, if it's empty.

I'm much more of a tactile person, I really don't like to buy online (especially because I'm trying to get credit card debt down). That's why I avoid the call of the mall for a few weeks during the season. Can't deal with insane crowds.

Stacey said...

We give him a pass because he was old... :)

I haven't really bought many clothes online, unless I've tried them on somewhere. When it comes to my body, there is no one size that always fits...