Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cure Sing for Cartoons

I haven't watched Saturday morning cartoons in my living room in a while, as Amanda has a tv in her room. So I'm sitting here this morning, then suddenly I hear Robert Smith singing, and I think the cat must've stepped on the remote. Nope, apparently the Cure performs the theme song for a morning cartoon on Cartoon Network called, "The Dragon Hunters"! That's kinda wild, kinda cool.

I watched "The Lake House" last night. While a bit slow and illogical at times, I still liked it because I love Keanu and Sandra, they have great chemistry. And poor Keanu has had such a rough romantic life (his baby died, and later his (then ex) girlfriend was killed in a car crash) , I wish the guy some kind of happiness. I'm now curious to read Jane Austen's "Persuasion."

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Is that Keanu's actual baby, or in the movie?

Lauren said...

Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austen book, and you all know I love Jane Austen.

Roe said...

That all happened to Keanu in real life. Horrible, isn't it?

Maybe I should give Jane Austen a second chance; didn't like the two books I read in high school and college. I'm more of a Bronte type of gal.

Roe said...

Linda, Linda, wherefore art thou, Linda? :-)

Lauren said...

A lulabye-like cover of Boys Don't Cry is on the Baby Gap store CD currently. I can't decide if I like it or not.

Roe said...

Okay, that makes me uncomfortable. As does the new video game (I can't tell them all apart, ask my kids) that features a cover of Tears for Fears' "Mad World" as the jingle. Tears for Fears? "Mad World" - not even something off of "Songs From the Big Chair," freakin' "Mad World"?

I am ALL about my beloved 80s music, but this makes me weep...