Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dexter, GG and ITALY

I am the TV whore this week.

Dexter-loved the humor mixed with the dark side to this character. It seems that all the other characters on the show pale in comparison though-hopefully time will balance this out. I can't wait til next week's episode! And did anyone see the trailer about the new series on Henry VIII, "The Tudors," with Jonathan Rhys Myers? Christ he is beautiful, lookin good with facial hair, too.

GG-Off to a good start. Painful, but in a good way-Amanda and I cringed at Lorelai's admission of sleeping with Christopher, but at least all the cards are on the table. Amanda wants her with Luke in the worst way...I'm not quite sure what my stance is...the trailer with Luke saying "Hey, I'm over it, after all, you're the one who asked me to marry you" was a bit of a "Yeouch!" Unfortunately, I don't think Jess will be getting back into Rory's life-first of all, they broke up in real life, and secondly, "Jess"
is now earning his wings on the new show, "Heroes," about ordinary people learning that they have special powers.

My random guilty pleasure of late is VH1's The Alternative show from 11-2 am on channel 136. All vintage videos! Good stuff.

Friday we purchased tickets for the three of us to go to Italy for one week in early November, where we will be staying with the Cockings at Rossana's parents' home in Follonica, which is on the northwest coast. We are so stoked, but I am anxious to do a rush job to renew Ian and Amanda's passports. Plus Ian lost his old one, which had expired, so he ordered online his birth certificate through the Dep't of Health, should be here any day now. FYI, the Times had an article today stating that come January, you will need a passport to go to the Caribbean, and by next January, to go to Canada as well.

5 comments:

Roe said...

Italy! I'm jealous! That's so great for you guys; have a blast!

I loved Heroes - Hiro is hilarious, gotta love when the fanboy is a major character. I have to watch Dexter yet.

Linda said...

I loved the Japanese guy who could transport himself! Man, if we could all do that it would be a heck of a lot cheaper! Roe, travel with your kids now while they're still half price seats! Even with off season tickets to Italy, still a hike from when we last travelled to Paris. Thank God we're staying with friends, that's the only way this is possible.

Roe said...

OMG, I saw Dexter last night - LOVE IT!!

Did you watch Heroes last night? It gets better every episode, I hope they can keep up the momentum.

I want so badly to take the boys to Stockholm this summer; Helene can get her friend's summer house for a week. I really have to think about it.

Stacey said...

Heroes has some really good potential. Hiro is so funny.

Italy, that sounds like it will be an amazing trip. Especially staying with friends, that way you get a little bit of the real local feel of things.

Roe said...

Mike and I say "Super-HIRO!" all the time now. Love Hiro. Gotta love any show where the fanboy is a popular character.