Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Crunch Time

Tonight Amanda, her bffl Nora, her mom and I went to an Open House at Brooklyn Tech (this year will mark my 20th anniversary) and didn't get back until after 1030pm or so. It was as great as I'd remembered, except that many of the old teachers were retired now, but the spirit was still apparent in all the students. The school now offers some new majors, too, like law and medicine. We've also been to Molloy and St. Francis Prep. She has the specialized hs exam this Saturday and her TACHS exam Nov. 10. Basketball practice tomorrow and a game on Sunday. I'm wiped!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow, High School is so different here...

Roe said...

Hey Linda, I keep forgetting to ask you - do you know of a basketball league for younger kids? I haven't heard the greatest things about the FHYAA's basketball team (Will just signed up for his second season of Little League, though!) and Will is interested.

Linda said...

Hi Roe,

What grade is Will in now? Our CYO basketball starts at 6th grade. I can ask around about other CYO teams, not sure. Probably in the spring they'll run the March Madness basketball clinic at our school, too.

Roe said...

Will's in third grade this year. I just found out about a Pee Wee League at Our Lady of Mercy - I may sign Alex up if I'm not too late. I'll also look into their basketball program for Will's age group. I guess I should check RA, our parish - just always thought that the Catholic school teams were for the school only.