Friday, June 03, 2005

Four o'clock pit stop

It's taking some used to handling this blog, but I'll get it.

So much to discuss...

Recently, there's been two books published about women who have severed friendships, and how this impacts their lives, in many cases, it's been agonizing.


I've been dealing with this on a personal level myself, and I hate to say it, but I don't feel so traumatized by the experience...I haven't dared to ask the friend who I have distanced myself from, but I've a feeling she's alright. We were inseparable in high school and college, but once I married, we began to drift apart. We tried to keep it going for some time afterwards, but we've gone in completely in different directions, myself a wife, mother and writer/editor that has a busy schedule, and she a budding thespian. I'm very proud of her work and talent, but I've found that despite my numerous attempts to see her perform, the conversations after the show would still revolve around only theatre and not much more. Calls are nonexistent at this point, and emails far and few between. I don't feel bad about it, I just don't...feel.

Music, some new releases on the horizon, White Stripes and Coldplay next week. We'll have input then! I'm missing Jeff Buckley too, his anniversary was on May 29 (1997). What a lovely and promising voice.

Movies-Read the book "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants," then saw the film with my daughter. Quite good, but not the same as the book, alas. Excellent performances by America Ferrera. Will discuss it more at length down the line.

Television-I'm seriously addicted to "Gilmore Girls," as much as I was as a child to "Little House on the Prairie." I had zilch interest in the show when it first aired, finding the mother a bit too 'buddy' like with her daughter, and sometimes she still irritates me, but she seems better. And I love Rory, and Luke is one of the sweetest male characters on television.

Other hot shows on tv now-"Lost" and "House". Love them both. But now I have to wait till next September for new shows!!!

No comments: