Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Love Letter To My Heart

-By Linda Sheridan

You sit so close now,
Practically head to head with me
I’m in awe of you
Your beauty, your spirit, your wit.
These days are going so fast.
I want to make lists, make plans
And yet just sit here, with you,
To smell your baby-like breath
And remain frozen in time.
How I dreamed of this moment years ago,
Now dreaming of you-years ago.
Can’t decide which is better,
Because they’re both sacred times to me.
I love how you gulp my coffee
And think the songs ‘Cars’ is cool.
I love how you breeze across the court and shoot baskets
And your gut-wrenching belly laughs are infectious.
Dear heart, I love you so.

6 comments:

Roe said...

That is so sweet. Now I'm all teary.

Linda said...

I'm sorry! I don't want you to be weepy! I was weepy when i wrote it, but waited a few days later to post it.

Lauren said...

Yeah, really beautiful.

Roe said...

It's a good weepy. :-)

Roe said...

BTW, love the new title for the poem.

Linda said...

Thank you so much, guys! I am so anxious about the coming years with her, it will help me to write about it.