Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Time Is Blowin' On By

These past couple of weeks have been like wolfing down a gourmet meal. This fall flew by so fast, I've hardly had the time to enjoy it. The foliage is already starting to dry up and fall off the trees. It's the middle of November! I had a great day with Amanda in Soho last week, though, won't forget that.

One other great thing happened-the landlord got us a new new stove and fridge,thank the Lord! Needed 'em real bad.

One of my pt jobs is up this week, back to hustling freelance, have to turn around some stuff for the Daily News in a few days' time, but I'll get it done. Hope to still help with organizing the school's Christmas party, the kiddies love it!

Just downloaded the new Madonna cd off iTunes, you get the video and digital artwork. love it. Photoshop admittedly makes Madonna look pretty smokin, b----! Great dance tunes, pretty solid all the way through. Love "Jump," "How High," "Let It Will Be," "Hung Up," natch...the "I Love NY" song is kind of cheesy...the album's music makes me think about roller skating and dancing.

GG chat -So, Luke scared me a little with that jealousy streak-I've never seen that before! It seems so unlike him... I think it's kind of cool that he has a really bright daughter, just, what a hell of a way to find out! Loved the scene with Emily and Lorelai on the plane-Kelly Bishop is fantastic. The Rory and Lorelai scene was nice, but seemed eclipsed by all the other stuff going on in the episode, but, yay, she's going back to Yale!

I think I'm going to make myself a "Faux Poes Foes" tshirt online.

11 comments:

Roe said...

Hey! Are you helping out at the Martyrs holiday/Christmas sale? I volunteered for the 2nd.

Roe said...

Is your Playbill gig up? I'm still searching for freelance work, we should get together soon and commiserate over coffee - I just got some southern butter pecan from Will's candy sale, so we can have coffee here if you want.

Stacey said...

Today is one of the first days I actually felt like winter was coming on... quickly.

I hope that now Rory and Lorelai are back together, they aren't going to pull a "destroy the relationship" with Luke.

Lauren said...

I was a little thrown by Luke's daughter at first, but I'm hoping she'll end up jus being something for Luke and Loralai to do together, instead of something to split them up. The more they have to rant about the funnier the show is.

Linda said...

Oh, that's a parish run event, I haven't worked one of those, ,but we're looking to do a pizza w/santa event on Dec. 9, I belive. (Fri night.)

Yeah, Playbill is up tomorrow-my boss resigned, new person will do my work as well, so I've got my doc gig three days a week and freelance... I'd definitely be down to hook up maybe next week, Fri?

Linda said...

I can't see Lorelai being unreasonable for finding out this information, or she'd be a real schmuck. He didn't know, it was way before her time, what's she going to do? Plus, Rory'd have a smart lil sister (she's still a little strange, but hopefully she'll warm up to the screen.)

Roe said...

Next Friday sounds good - my god, will we actually have to use a phone at some point or dare we see if we can coordinate a get-together solely through blog?

Linda said...

I am frightened at how busy my schedule is shaping up for next month...planning through a blog is calming at least...Ian urges me to talk in AIM all the time and it's like, if I do that all day, I'll NEVER get anything done!, so we'll do a combo of phone and email.

Roe said...

I hear that! This is actually a lot of fun, I feel so much more connected to you guys.

Linda said...

Same here. I'm kind of looking forward to having just the one job for now, frees me up the other two days for personal stuff, like seeing you, or work.

Stacey said...

I had to cut myself off from IM durring the day, it was making me too non-productive...