Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sad News

I was really shocked and saddened to hear about Heath Ledger's death. Amanda heard word from a friend yesterday afternoon, I was sure she misheard something along the way. For years, Amanda has loved the film "10 Things I Hate About You" and now is of the age to call him "gorgeous" (I wholeheartedly agree.) Aside from his handsome looks though, he is a fine actor, loved him in "Brokeback Mountain," and now I imagine "Batman: Dark Knight" will have the same dark shadow cast over it that "The Crow" did when Brandon Lee died. He also seemed like a truly doting dad and a down to Earth person, a rarity in the Holllywood scene these days.

3 comments:

Roe said...

I agree; his death really seems to have shocked everyone that hears of it. That he has such a young daughter makes it all the more tragic.

Stacey said...

It's really horrible, he was so young...

Chris said...

very sad indeed, gonna be weird watching "The Dark Knight" this summer.