Sunday, January 13, 2008

Uggh!

Out of curiosity, I went to iTunes to listen to tracks from the newly released Broadway production of Xanadu, one of my fave movies as a child, especially because of the fantastic music by Olivia Newton John and Electric Light Orchestra. When I listen to ELO sing "All Over The World" I am a kid again on roller skates. That song always puts me in the best mood.

This new production is pitiful! Painful! I did see a performance once on The View that looked and sounded horrible too, but I thought I should give it another chance.

3 comments:

Roe said...

How depressing! I am with you on the original Xanadu - remember "I'm Alive"? God, I played the grooves on my Xanadu soundtrack smooth...

Linda said...

That song is awesome too! I love ELO period, but the music from that movie-even the movie itself, just holds a special place in my heart.

Roe said...

I understand completely; I used to play Xanadu with Annie and Sandy when we rollerskated outside. :-)