Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Proliferation of blogs for stay-at-home dads

I was reading an article on Salon and came upon this web site, www.rebeldad.com. I couldn't get over the number of stay-at-home dad blog links there were! I personally like blog of the blue sloth, who had a neat quote from sci-fi writer Robert Heinlein (who was related to my high school teacher!)

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Love that!

Lauren said...

That is a great quote! Sounds like something Rory would use in a speech. I'd just add take a picture. Or draw a picture. Or hang a picture?