Sunday, October 16, 2005

Waitin' to hear 'Hung Up'

I have to admit, that Motorola ad has seduced me with that snippet of Madonna's new song, "Hung Up," a disco-ish tune with a generous sampling of Abba's "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme," that sounds hot! I've had a love it-or-hate it relationship with Madonna's music, but this (from what little I've heard) sounds infectious! I think it's out tomorrow (Oct. 17.) Can't wait!
Update: You can hear the song in its entirety on her web site, www.madonna.com. There's a button right on the home page, just hit 'play' icon.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I really like those new ads for the Rokr, I can identify with the feeling. They kind of nailed it.

Linda said...

Yeah, they are pretty funny.

Roe said...

I have to check it out..

Roe said...

Heard the song last night - love it! Now if I could just get a freebie download, Depeche is so good for that but I must be nuts thinking Madonna would give anything up for free!

BTW, Depeche's new single, Precious, is great stuff. Downloaded that and another track, St. John the Revelator, last night. I have to get this new CD.

Linda said...

Yeah they Play John the Revelator on Radio Paradise, I dig the chorus.

You can get the Madonna song supposedly on iTunes immediately if you order the album, but that's not coming out for another month! Guess we'll have to settle hitting the play button many times. Makes ya wanna dance!

Roe said...

I'll just crank it up at home and dance in my living room until then. :-)

Roe said...

The new video for Hung Up is going to premiere on VH-1 soon - I saw the commercial, but since I had a teaspoon of codeine cough syrup in me and it was going on 11 p.m., I'm lucky that much was coherent.

Stacey said...

You can get the song if you pre-buy the album on iTunes.